How to use a French Press
- Heat Water : Fresh off a Boil or 200 F
- Grind Beans: Coarse, or “French Press” Grind
- Load French Press: Add Fresh ground beans and Water
- Agitate: Agitate beans and water using a spoon
- Brew: Allow mixture to brew for 4:30
- Press: Press to separate grind from water
- Serve: Pour off all of the finished coffee brew
- French Press
- Dangerous Coffee Beans
- Kettle (goose-neck preferred)
- Burr Grinder
- Table Spoon
- Scale ( Not necessary but preferred)
Before you Brew
- Make sure your French Press is clean. Old Grounds left in the strainer can import bitterness into your fresh batch of super delicious coffee!
- Starting with Fresh Roasted whole bean Dangerous Coffee will make sure you can capture all of the rich smooth dark roast flavor possible. Keep your whole beans sealed in an air tight container if possible.
- When you grind your beans all of that terrific smell is your flavor escaping so you want to get water on those grinds a soon as possible.Make sure your water is optimal temp before you grind. That way you can get water on those grinds immediatly!
- 4-Cup Press / Coffee 4 Tbsp or 25 – 30 Grams
- 8-Cup Press / Coffee 8 Tbsp or 55 – 60 Grams